A strategic project aimed at improving public transport in one of the largest cities in Poland; it considerably shortened the time and improved the quality of moving around in Cracow. The infrastructure comprised grade-separated track beds and specially separated tracks with unconditional passage priority. PeBeKa was performing its works within one of the most important interchanges in Cracow, two-level Mogilskie Roundabout.
The Cracow Transport Centre - the Fast Tram Infrastructure
Investor: The City Development Agency in Cracow
Time of project execution: 2006-2008
Additional technical data:
- Length of the tram tunnel: 170 m; diameter: 46 m
- Surface area of the diaphragm walls: 2600 m2
- Excavation performed based on the cover and cut method, with the cubic volume of 8000 m3
- Length of the large-diameter piles in the casing pipe with the diameter of 1200 mm: 280 m
- Length of the large-diameter piles in the casing pipe with the diameter of 1500 mm: 320 m
Poland, małopolskie Province,
Within the scope of the project, the consortium of PeBeKa S.A. and Budimex Dromex S.A. constructed a tram tunnel with the length of 170 m and the diameter of 46 m, two flyovers, and five pedestrian underpasses.
Additionally, the performed works comprised the erection of large-diameter piles with the combined length of 280 m and the diameter of 1.5 m as supports for the flyovers and four piles with the diameter of 1.2 m, constituting elements of the structures of the pedestrian underpasses. All works were performed in the area of Mogilskie Roundabout, one of the key traffic junctions in Cracow.
- Erecting large-diameter piles with the combined length of 320 m and the diameter of 1.5 m as supports for the flyovers.
- Erecting piles with the diameter of 1.2 m, constituting elements of the structures of the pedestrian underpasses.
Carrying out dynamic loading tests for the foundation piles by means of a heavy ram dropped onto a pile and apparatus recording the propagation of forces.