The GG-1 shaft is an investment of strategic importance for copper mining in Poland related to the operation of a new copper deposit in the Głogów Głęboki-Przemysłowy region.
GG-1 is the 31st shaft built by PeBeKa S.A. in the Zagłębie Miedziowe at the request of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.
Construction of the GG-1- shaft in progress
Investor: KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.
Additional technical data:
• The shaft in Kwielice will ultimately be the deepest object of this type in the entire Zagłębie Miedziowe. (Depth of shaft: 1351 m).
• The first bucket of ore left the shaft on December 13, 2013.
• 466 reinforced concrete tubing rings were installed in the shaft. Each ring consists of fourteen segments, which weigh from 2 to 5 tons. In total, the entire tubing housing installed in the GG-1 shaft weighs approx. 25,000 tons!
• The GG-1 shaft will be a downcast shaft used for transporting materials and people, and an air-conditioning station and main dewatering pump chamber will be built on the surface.
• The GG-1 shaft has been equipped with a cascade drainage system to protects the shaft against flooding. The last such system, but of course not so modern, was built in the SG-2 shaft more than twenty years earlier.
Poland, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Głogów, Zagłębie Miedziowe, Głogów Głęboki - Przemysłowy copper deposit
Cascade drainage system
Extraction of the first bucket of output from the GG-1 shaft onto the surface
to geological and exploratory, geological and reconnaissance, and piezometric drilling operations as well as the preparation of technical boreholes for the purpose of rock mass freezing during shaft sinking operations.
of mine shafts
The sinking of shafts based on conventional and special methods; Shaft reconstruction and decommissioning; shaft sinking using a unique shaft sinking technology.
Construction of horizontal
Drivage of narrow or chamber workings, rebuilding or reconstruction of headings, underground assembly works, underground drilling operations.
Comprehensive industrial construction engineering, construction and modernisation of industrial pipelines, construction of public buildings.